- Listed: October 25, 2016 11:15 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Business, Market and Finance Development Specialist (BMFDS), Rwanda
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a Business, Market and Finance Development Specialist for the anticipated USAID Rwanda HingaWeze Activity (HWA.) The objective of the program is to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes, improve the nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate.
The Business, Market and Finance Development Specialist (BMFDS) will lead the market and business development component of HingaWeze. In this capacity, s/he is responsible for the overall design, implementation, oversight, and reporting of the activity’s objectives around business and financial services, as well farmers’ access to markets. S/he will work with local partners and conducts regular site visits to ensure effective implementation while coordinating closely with other technical team leaders to increase impact of program interventions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or other related fields of study. A Master’s degree in business administration, finance, agribusiness or other relevant areas of study is preferred.
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the provision of financial services or provision of business development services to rural households is required; experience working within the private sector in provision of these services in ruralRwanda is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in public-private engagement is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required; oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda is desirable.
Rwandan citizens are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to the email address listed below
285 total views, 1 today