- Listed: February 10, 2018 10:39 pm
- Expires: 19 days, 11 hours
Position: Director of Careers
Reports to: Executive Director
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Application deadline: February 20th
The Akilah Institute aims to build future generations of women leaders and professionals in East Africa through the development of a network of campuses. At Akilah, we bring together promising female leaders from Rwanda, and East Africa, for an innovative two-year program that prepares them for professional careers and leadership roles.
Akilah students choose a specialized track in Entrepreneurship, Information Systems, or Hospitality Management. Our hands-on and practicals-based curriculum is developed in partnership with the local and global private sectors, and is focused on building the market-relevant skills demanded by the fastest growing industries of the regional economy.
The Director of Careers will play a critical role in connecting Akilah graduates to the workforce. They will drive both strategy and results, helping to build relevant partnerships with the private sector throughout the East Africa region. The candidate will be strategic, a serious critical thinker, and detail-oriented. S/he is extremely creative when it comes to engaging new and current employment partners and making a case for why companies should hire Akilah graduates.
Careers Oversight and Strategy
● Oversee the Careers Team (Careers Officers and Business Development & Account Manager) to ensure the effective implementation of the Careers Strategy.
● Develop and implement a comprehensive Business Development Strategy and Plan to support Akilahs expected growth and careers placement metrics.
● Develop annual objectives and key results (OKRs) and budget, and track departmental key results on an ongoing basis.
● Develop SOPs for the Careers Department in collaboration with the Director of Business Operations and Careers team.
● Position Akilah as an authority/thought leader in key sectors, including ICT, professional education, womens higher education, business/entrepreneurship, and hospitality.
● Work in collaboration with the Communications and Marketing team to ensure clear, consistent and powerful messaging with partners.
● In collaboration with the Careers Officers develop careers workshops, content, tools and systems (manual, forms) to ensure a streamlined provision of careers services throughout the program duration at Akilah
● Identify a steady stream of new potential employers and strengthen existing relationships by expanding the number and type of employer job orders.
● Build out partnerships through MOUs with current and new employers, as well as influential individuals, local and international organizations.
● Find new and creative ways to discover new lead generation opportunities.
● Set weekly outreach targets in collaboration with the Account Manager in order to provide a steady stream of job orders for Akilah graduates and ensure complete fulfillment.
● Record leads, meetings, and outcomes in weekly reports and SalesForce promptly and diligently.
● Increase adoption of MindSky platform by local and regional employers and partners, persuasively communicating the value proposition and ensuring understanding of all the features and benefits.
● Cultivate, strengthen, and expand Government and Corporate partnerships to ensure a minimum of 80 percent job placement and 100% internship placement for Akilah students and graduates.
● Identify ways to showcase Akilahs students program and core competencies and create recruiting events and activities that will bring corporate partners and student together.
Monitoring, Reporting, and Knowledge Management
● Collaborate with the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager to develop the analytical tools to assess graduates performance once they are placed into jobs and internships.
● Spearhead a comprehensive feedback loop with partners.
● Communicate effectively with the Executive Director and Academic team to integrate feedback into the curriculum.
Event Selection, Participation, and Support
● Create an events strategy that aligns with Akilahs key goals and objectives.
● Set and utilize an events criteria and ranking scale to vet opportunities for collaboration/participation and ensure opportunities are referred to and/or involve relevant departments and staff.
● Maintain a calendar of national events pertaining to Akilahs interest areas; recommend which events Akilah should participate according to our criteria. If the decision is made to participate, develop event plan, including budget, timeline, roles and responsibilities, and oversee event preparation and execution (Esther organizes on-campus events; Courtney off-campus events). Provide after-event assessment (e.g. what worked, what didnt, lessons learned, and outcomes)
● Track all event opportunities and/or requests in Salesforce.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
● Achievement oriented, comfort operating in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with accountability to results.
● Ability to effectively lead a team directly as well as earn trust and accountability from colleagues on other teams; collaborative approach to decision-making
● Highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent oral presentation and written skills.
● Has a deep understanding of the growing Rwandan labor market and is well networked with the private sector to help identify suitable job opportunities for Akilah students.
● Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required; relevant advanced degree preferred.
● 5+ years of relevant experience in career development, partnership building, relationship management, or business development. Private, public, and non-profit backgrounds are all valued. The ideal candidate will have succeeded in a high-performing organization and be eager to apply best practices.
Ready to join our team? Send your application on our website here explaining your interest in the role and our organization, and include your CV.
24 total views, 1 today