- Location: Nyarugenge
- Country: Rwanda
- Listed: October 3, 2016 4:54 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Right Seat is a Human Resource Firm based in Kigali that was established to support organisations to achieve their business goals through strategic human resource management.
WE ARE HIRING
Right Seat is a talent management company that connects professionals to their matching interests across all industries in Rwanda. Right Seat is currently looking for interested and relevant candidates to the vacant positions, for one of their clients Aegis Trust.
Aegis Trust is a British NGO, founded in 2000, which campaigns to prevent genocide worldwide and it has been working in Rwanda since 2004.Aegis Trust manages the Kigali Genocide Memorial on the behalf of the Government of Rwanda and is implementing a program called Education for Sustainable Peace in Rwanda (ESPR).
Detailed Job Description
Job Title: Education Specialist
Reports to: Director of Programmes and the Director of Education
Position Type: Full time
The Education Specialist will be responsible for the review, development and implementation of Aegis Trust’s education programmes in Rwanda ensuring content delivery with appropriate methodology, trainee support, partner backing, relevant assessment and market positioning, as well as fulfilling financial goals and continuously improving quality standards.
Responsibilities and duties
• Work closely with the Lead Directors in Rwanda to create a thorough curriculum to meet the range of needs locally.
• Advance the pedagogical aspects under the Programme while developing for Aegis Trust teacher training approaches and educational resources and tools relevant to the Rwanda school curriculum and the curriculum for the teacher training provision at both in-service and pre-service levels.
• Provide technical guidance to the education team in Rwanda, within the framework of partnerships with partner NGOs and other agencies.
• Develop relevant education resources and tools in alignment with the requirements of the content and methodology of the Rwanda school curriculum and the curriculum for the teacher training provision at both in-service and pre-service levels.
• Promote the spirit for excellence of the Programme within Aegis Trust’s leadership team, the Senior Management Group, partners in the field, and funders/ stakeholders, while making recommendations that will allow Aegis Trust to stay abreast of educational developments.
• Advise on the management of the Education Department in Rwanda in accordance with the Programme requirements.
• Follow up the education activities in Rwanda, ensuring they comply with Aegis Trust’s pedagogical approach.
• Work closely with the M&E team to determine key measurements, standards, tools, and M&E processes in relation to the periodic review of the Programme’s M&E framework and implementation.
• Provide technical supervision to the Rwanda education programme team to ensure effective implementation of internal monitoring and evaluation practices.
• Provide timely feedback to M&E findings.
• Produce monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and final reports with emphasis on progress made, success, challenges and lessons learnt.
Develop and manage strategic and operational plans for the education department in Rwanda.
Create and sustain a continuous improvement culture of innovation, achievement, support and learning across the education department in Rwanda.
Provide ongoing mentorship and leadership for Rwanda Direct Reports including core management duties (performance planning, monitoring, and performance appraisals).
Contribute to leading ongoing efforts to assess and address the organization’s capacity needs in Education and M&E in Rwanda
Continually stay abreast of external trends and coordinate with the Rwanda programme team to ensure best practices in Education and M&E are integrated in Aegis Trust’s work.
Essential Job requirements and qualifications
• Master’s degree in Curriculum Studies
• At least five years of relevant & proven experience
• Digital communications and eLearning experience
Work Experience and Skills
• Relevant knowledge of national issues and in particular of conflict resolution, and as broad as possible a familiarity with post-conflict education toward reconciliation.
• Strong relationship management and public relations skills.
How to Apply
Send us your application file on: email@example.com not later than Wednesday October 12, 2016 at 5:00 pm Kigali time
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
314 total views, 2 today