- Listed: October 20, 2016 2:16 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countriesand all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Gender Specialist
FHI 360 seeks a Gender Specialist for a USAID Rwanda Feed the Future program that aims to improve nutrition, enhance market access, create employment and financial opportunities, and improve access to finance for smallholder farmers, and raise rural on- and off-farm incomes. The Gender Specialist will provide overall guidance and technical expertise on Gender to ensure that complete integration of gender, youth, disabled and marginalize population related considerations and messaging are incorporated in all aspects of programming and social and behavior change communications.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to the Chief of Party and field staff on inclusion and gender issues across all program areas;
- Conduct gender analysis at program outset and incorporate findings in work plan and baseline data for on-going monitoring and learning purposes;
- Develop and deliver training to program staff and relevant stakeholders on inclusion-related issues, tools and approaches, and conduct awareness raising initiatives;
- Deliver technical assistance to stakeholders to build capacity around development of inclusive practices and policies;
- Incorporate gender and inclusion issues in all activities, including the analysis of policies and legislation and advocacy;
- Work closely with field and HQ staff, including Chief of Party, communications and technical specialists to develop appropriate content delivery via various dissemination channels for illiterate, semi-literate and literate populations; and
- Develop annual project work plans in collaboration with field staff, and contribute inputs to all donor related reporting mechanisms.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in gender / youth, Gender programming
- Previous experience conducting gender related assessments and demonstrated experience developing and integrating inclusive-related content and messaging in communications, tools and training materials, and in project activities across all technical components
- Experience in training, capacity building, advocacy and outreach
- USAID experience preferred
- University degree in women’s studies, anthropology or international development/relations;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experience in Rwanda an asset
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click hereto visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
473 total views, 1 today