- Listed: October 21, 2016 12:43 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:Nutrition Advisor
FHI 360 seeks a Nutrition Advisor for a USAID Rwanda Feed the Future program that aims to improve nutrition, enhance market access, create employment and financial opportunities, and improve access to finance for smallholder farmers, and raise rural on- and off-farm incomes.
The Nutrition Advisor will play the lead role in guiding the implementation of technically sound and innovative approaches, in close collaboration with Government of Rwanda stakeholders, to increase optimal nutrition and agriculture behaviors, improve the quality of nutrition services, build nutrition capacities of frontline health and agriculture works, strengthen nutrition competencies in agriculture and health teaching institutions, and strategically incorporate nutrition objective into multi-sector polices.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership on improving nutrition policy environment in ways that are sensitive and beneficial to mothers and young children;
- Provide guidance and technical support in alignment with GOR’s nutrition policies and strategies, including USAID policy priorities;
- Contribute to program/project design, implementation, learning, and monitoring and evaluation through active collaboration with project teams;
- Help develop internal organizational nutrition training and development of tools, guidelines, standards to improveprogram quality;
- Contribute to the learning agenda by writing nutrition background documents, briefs, and presentations, including carrying out relevant literature reviews, landscape analyses, and data analysis;
- Foster technical capacity building of field staff through technical updates, training opportunities, exchange visits, literature sharing, etc.;
- Activity engage in nutrition networks and forums to support GOR’s nutrition priorities and promote involvement of multiple GOR sectors, donors, and the private sector in nutrition and related agricultural initiatives;
- Participate as the nutrition representative as it relates to nutrition initiatives in Rwanda; and
- Maintain diplomatic and high quality interactions and clear and consistent communications internally and with partners in the field.
- Masters (MSc) in Nutrition or related field, with an emphasis on community nutrition, public health nutrition, SBCC, or other relevant sub-specialty
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience designing and implementing multi-sector nutrition programs
- Demonstrated significant expertise providing technical assistance to project/host country government staff working on nutrition and SBCC activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of partners with varying interests and priorities in the fields of nutrition, and health agriculture
- Prior experience in the Rwandan nutrition sector desirable, preferably including experience at the community, district, sub-national and national levels
- Field experience in the prevention of malnutrition and under-nutrition and a strong understanding of nutrition and related policies, strategies and programs
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and facilitation skills
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click hereto visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
325 total views, 1 today