- Listed: October 26, 2016 1:12 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the anticipated USAID Rwanda HingaWeze Activity (HWA.) The objective of the program is to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes, improve the nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate.
The Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will lead Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activities for the activity. S/he will make operational decisions and manage the various components of the program dealing with monitoring and evaluation (M&E), will oversee data collection efforts and ensure both the M&E system and results reporting meet the requirements of the Feed the Future initiative. S/he will lead a system for continuous communication with the two established external evaluation partners, and demonstrate an ability to take critical inputs, feedback, and assessments from evaluation partners to inform changes in program approaches and scale-up. S/he shall ensure that these and other program components are results-oriented. This individual will have a major focus on achieving results in all areas assuring that the HingaWeze team members are poised to deliver services on schedule.
Education:Master’s Degree or equivalent in business administration or related area of study or equivalent work experience. Specialized training in M&E is required.
● Seven (7) years of progressive professional experience, some of which is in Sub-Saharan Africa, in monitoring and evaluation of development projects is highly desirable.
● Experience designing and overseeing M&E data collection and reporting for agriculture/food security projects.
● Demonstrated ability to implement, operationalize, and manage information collection and analysis systems; and demonstrated ability to create and manage information databases using appropriate software applications.
● Familiarity with gender issues in monitoring and evaluation and an understanding of the Women’s Empowerment in Agriculture Index (WEAI) would be a plus.
● working experience in training, coaching and mentoring teams in monitoring-related techniques and methods is desirable.
● Strong English writing skills are required.
Rwandan citizens are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to the email address listed below
Deadline for submission is November 15, 2016.
391 total views, 1 today