- Listed: October 31, 2016 11:11 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Senior Nutrition Specialist, Rwanda
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a Senior Nutrition Specialist for the anticipated USAID Rwanda HingaWezeActivity (HWA.) The objective of the program is to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes, improve the nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate.
The Senior Nutrition Specialist will lead the nutrition component of the activity. S/he is responsible for the overall design, implementation, oversight, and reporting of the program’s nutrition objectives. This will include design of behavior change and communication interventions and integration of nutrition interventions in the production and market components of the activity. S/he will closely work with other donors involved in nutrition interventions, the
Rwanda Ministry of Health and local health centers to ensure coordinated nutrition interventions.
This will also include coordination with other USAID-funded nutrition interventions.
Education: Master’s Degree or higher in nutrition, food sciences, public health or related fields (specialized training in nutrition is required)
- Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of nutrition, especially in managing community-based nutrition programming, is highly desirable.
- Working experience on nutrition policy research and policy advocacy coordination and support to both public and related civil society organizations is desirable.
- Working experience in designing and implementing nutrition sensitive agricultural, dietary diversity, and social and behavior change communication projects is desirable.
- Experience with food and equipment quality standards would be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English is desirable; oral and written fluency in Kinyarwanda is required.
Rwandan citizens are strongly encouraged to apply for this position. Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to the email address listed below
299 total views, 1 today